Shopping is a favorite amusement of many people and, despite the appearance of a new format of retail outlets, as times goes it has not changed: a person goes to the store, selects goods, puts them in a basket and goes to the cashier to pay for their purchases. In consequence of artificial intelligence’s use, traditional trade can be brought to a new level and almost completely automated.
According to IMB’s research results, it became known that by 2020, retail and wholesale sales outlets will actively use intellectual automation devices at all stages of set a price. Here are some remarkable examples of the use of AI in retail.
1. Lowes has created a robot that helps people find the necessary goods. LoweBot is electronics intended for quick orientation in stores. The main point of the development is robots move around the outlet and ask questions to the buyer in order to better understand what they are looking for. Such robotic “people” monitor products and give advice to customers.
2. Walgreens, the pharmacy chain, uses Artificial Intelligence to determine the level of colds and flu’s prevalence. To do this, it uses data from different antiviral prescriptions. The company has created an interactive online map helps both people and Walgreens – the pharmacy chain. People can use the online map to find out how many people are infected with the flu in a particular area, and for the pharmacy chain, it helps to order more medicines that cure these diseases.
3. Sephora shop has released Color IQ is a “smart” cosmetics, which can be tested without applying to the face. It scans a person’s face and gives him personal advice about the tone of the foundation product and the concealer hue, and Lip IQ helps find the right color for lipstick.
4. With the North Face robot, you can choose for yourself the most suitable model of the jacket. The company in their development uses IBM Watson’s cognitive computing technology, which asks the customer questions about when and how he is going to wear a jacket. Based on the data obtained, North Face provides useful advice.
5. Not only conventional stores, but also supermarkets actively use AI in their business. Thus, Neiman Marcus, a large department store, uses artificial intelligence to help customers find various products.
The development works in the following way: a person takes in a ordinary life a photo of objects that he needs, and a Snap.Find.Shop. application helps to find them in the goods catalog of the store.
6. For those who do not have time to wait for their order, presented the new development of Tacobot restaurant Taco Bell. With it, you can make an order on the way, and upon arrival at the restaurant the visitor’s table will be covered.
These are not all examples of using AI in retail, as its possibilities are unlimited and massively simplify a modern person’s life.
Editor of IMD News